Saddam Statue Smashfest Saddam Statue Smashfest

I'm sorry....

I absolutely can NOT recommend this to anyone.
This movie was definitely a quickie, since all you do is bash Saddam's statue with a stick.
That's all the gameplay is, really.
Hit the left key of the mouse a few times and boom...you win.
I'll give credits to the graphics and animations, since they are really crisp and clean, but I won't award them to the author himself, since he DID admit to stealing the sprites for the job (then again, I won't knack him for that since many successful flashes use pre-made sprites, especially in parodies.)

Other than that, though, I'll have to agree with that last reviewer who said that he doesn't understand what this is doing on the front page.
This is not a game to even warrant checking out, and if you do, it'll be the biggest waste of five seconds of your life (which is how long the game will take.)

IRAQ ATTACK IRAQ ATTACK

Not bad...

When I first played this game, I was psyched about the whole concept...I mean, where ELSE would you get the opportunity to blast Saddam's oil reserves to high heaven?
Unfortunately, when I got deeper into the game, I just wanted to pass this flash and move on.

The graphics and animation are pretty decent.
The characters look like their real life incarnations, and the overall appearance screams Iraq at war.
The sounds are pretty decent as well, from the bombs blasting to the chopper blades running, to the sound of your chopper blowing up should you screw up a mission and die.
The wakka-wakka Charlie Brown sound effects, though, are beyond annoying, and should have been left out in favour of some real voice acting.

The controls, though, are what really irks me about this game. When you look at the explanation of the controls, for example, UP arrow is forward, left is left, DOWN is reverse, and A and S are your weapons- sounds pretty straight forward, right? When you play the game though, you realise that this is not the case.
You'll find yourself fighting more with the controls than the irate Iraqis, and quicker than you can say 'Shishkabibble', you're spiralling down to the ground and later blown to smithereens by Bush who decides that Iraq must not get a hold of their technology....Hold that thought, Bush....if the controls for the helicopter are this bad, the Iraqis probably won't bother.

Overall, this is a pretty decent concept, but the glaring control flaws and annoying vioce effects may make you want to think twice before sitting down with this game. I still advise you to check it out, at least...but don't count on being gripped by it for long.

Celebrity Terrorist Alert Celebrity Terrorist Alert

I like this one!

This game is really cool.
As a bounty hunter, you get to choose your targets, ranging from Osama Bin Laden to Saddam Hussein. From there, you can fulfill your dreams by taking out your anger on targets shaped like them....I mean, how often do you get a crack at Saddam?

The graphics are really neat.
It almost completely captures the essence of both a shooting gallery and the thrill of the outdoor hunt. You feel a great sense of satisfaction from blasting those terrorists to bits.
While several aspects of sounds such as the crates exploding and guns firing off, the heavy metal tunes tends to get a bit irritating at times, making you wish you could go off screen and shoot the guitarist instead.
Still, the sounds are pretty much okay.

The controls are excellent.
Not only do they start you off with a relatively easy control setup, but if you don't like it, the provisions are made so you can alter them to your liking. Nice.

I got a real kick out of playing this game, and chances are, you would, too.
I give this a 9 out of ten.

Quick Pic - HIGH SCORE Quick Pic - HIGH SCORE

A perfect ten for a perfect game!

To me, puzzle games such as this never get old.
Even though the game of 'Memory' is old, this author refreshes it with characters from 'Zelda', making it appear more up to date and pleasing to play.

The graphics are crisp and clear, and, while there isn't really any animation to talk about (other than where you're flipping tiles), you'll be astonished at how beautiful the appearance of the game is.

The music helps to maintain the medieval theme of Zelda, and while most of its type will annoy most people, the music never seems to get old.
As a matter of fact, it'll hook you on to this game, as if you're on an enchanted quest, even if you ARE playing a game of memory.

This game has definitely gotten my vote as one of the most addictive games on Newgrounds next to Ganguro Girl 1.5, which is also a worthy game to have a look at.
I have just one more question to ask the author of this game before I sign off:
Have you considered submitting this idea to Nintendo itself?
I think it would make a fantastic mini-game in one of their titles.

Tactics Core Demo Tactics Core Demo

Nicely done...

I'm not going to say much here, but this was a very well thought out RPG flash.
This person has demonstrated the potential to be in this kind of business, from the neat graphics to the traditional turn-based style of RPGs.
It may be brief, but it's definitely not bad.

Mortal Kombat II engine Mortal Kombat II engine

Ughh.....dear God, no.....

Remember the good old days?
You remember, when I had written a little while ago that nothing could be worse than Campaign Combat?
Consider me corrected.
This flash isn't worth watching, much less playing, unless you're into games with graphics on par with Pong.
All you are going to see are two stick people fighting, and you control one of them.
Yep.
You heard right.
No familiar characters like Sub-Zero or Scorpion, no finishing moves, no demented plots to take over Earthrealm, absolutely NOTHING related to Mortal Kombat whatsoever.

I am actually surprised at this author's attempt to even call this Mortal Kombat whatsoever.
Even though I though I'd never say this in a life time....check out Campaign Combat instead.
At least THAT has something to do with Mortal Kombat.

And to the author of this?
Try harder next time, and please....don't quit your day job.

Campaign Kombat Campaign Kombat

An interesting concept done rather poorly...

Personally, I think that this had potential in spades, but the idea was executed rather blandly.

The fighting was very blah, the sound effects were poorly done, and while the backgrounds changing with each scene is a nice touch, the animations are crude and simplistic.
On top of that, the fatalities...(ahem) I mean, fataliTY... looks like it was rushed right before
the game was released.

Come on, guys...you can do better than that.

Ganguro Girl 1.5 Ganguro Girl 1.5

A perfect ten for a perfect game!

I had a blast playing this game.
At first, I was playing out of curiousity as to what the endings were.
As I progressed along, though, I felt like I was more in depth with the game, and trying my hardest to please Naoki as if she was a real girl.

Another credit to this game is that, to some extent, it teaches people how dates go about.
Just like in real life, you won't get far by trying fast moves and acting as if you want to get laid.
You'll have to treat the Ganguro girl nicely, and if all goes well, you've got game.

For those who want to play this game, be warned that it will take up some of your time.
My advice is to build up your charm in the first few stages of the game, and use that charm to create some income with the telemarketer job (it's the easiest way to build income, and it's right next to the club).
When you have some experience in the game, talk to Naoki. After that, just make sure you have lots of presents, some cash on hand when you're on a date, and take down every piece of information Naoki tells you about herself.

If you want to make her happy enough to kiss you and take photos of her on a date, give her a present first (or an item, if something's bothering her), then, talk to her and get her answers right until she gives you a coy smile.
Kiss her, then take her picture.
Leave, and you'll pass!

In closing, a very novel concept, and recommended by this fan 100%.
Now, go get 'er, dude!